03 April 2008

Stupor of thought

Lately either I don't have time to blog or else I have nothing to blog about. Actually I must admit that at times when I would generally blog, I have found a new activity. I am addicted to Lost. Yep, for some reason I started to watch season 1 and I just keep watching. I told myself that at the end of season 1 I would take a break until the semester was over, but that hasn't worked so far. I can't keep thinking about what is going on and not watch the next episode. I hope that there's an episode coming up that won't leave me hanging so I will no longer be attached... Is there any chance? I don't think so.

Here is a good story I've been meaning to blog about for quite some time. For Easter I was invited to dinner at the house of friends of my Aunt and Uncle. There were several families present and Trish went with me. I believe we started talking about desserts or something of the sort, when Trisha sort of made an unpleasant response to something most would think was fantastic. My aunt realizing the reason behind the response proceeds to tell everyone at the table that Trisha is LACTATING! How's that for Easter dinner. Interesting table talk. Trish was a little bit terrified and tried to quickly correct her, because in fact she is only lactose-intolerant. The damage was already done and we all laughed about the implications of such a comment. Pretty funny!!

I only have about 4 weeks left of this dreaded semester and I could not be more thrilled. It's been the longest 10 weeks of my life and I'm afraid that with all the upcoming tests, etc... this semester may kill me by the end. Other than school, I am training to run a half marathon in May (thats only five weeks away). My brother is gonna come out and run it with me and my mom is coming out to visit as well. We're gonna go to NYC and have a great time! So, lots of work and then I'm gonna have a great break! Can't wait for some summer sun and good times!

3 comments:

Jeje said...

Good luck with the Lost thing. C got me into it, and I just barely got caught up 2 weeks ago. I was all excited to watch the new ones on t.v. and they started showing reruns that week. They never stop leaving you hanging. It's crazy!
Good luck with your schoolwork and the half marathon!

Laura said...

I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for the lactating story to be made public to the world ever since Trish told me (in an appropriately horrified voice) that it had happened. Well done, mon ami.

Tiffanyrose said...

Ya know, I always had my suspicions that Trish was lactating but never spoke them out loud. Hope she can get it fixed because that is really weird. Good Luck studying and have fun in your half marathon!