15 April 2008

Follow up



Just in case you missed the first picture I posted, I have included another one to get our salivary glands workin! What is a mille feuille, one might ask??? Well, since you were all too lazy to look it up, here is the definition from wikipedia.

The Mille-feuille (French 'thousand sheets'), Napoleon (U.S.), vanilla slice, cream slice or custard slice (Commonwealth countries) is a pastry made of several layers of puff pastry alternating with a sweet filling, typically pastry cream, but sometimes whipped cream, or jam. It is usually glazed with icing or fondant in alternating white and brown (chocolate) strips, and combed. The name is also written as "millefeuille" and "mille feuille".

If I had to sum it up, I would say that it is one of many world class pastries commonly found in France. I have consumed more than my fair share in my lifetime and if I lived in France would probably eat them almost every day as I did on my mission. They are a small portion of the goodness that will exist in heaven. That's what I think.

1 comment:

Carly said...

Stop! You're making me hungry!!