07 April 2008

My fate

It has all been determined. Today, I got all my rotation assignments for next year and I am super excited about them. I thought I would just share them cause people always ask about them. So, here they are:

08/18/08-09/26/08: Fallon Clinic Drug Management Services
*Fallon is a big insurance company in MA and runs clinics and hospitals (kinda like IHC in UT) and this rotation will deal a lot with the process of Drug Utilization Review and Managed Care issues. It's right near my school and should be a good learning experience.
09/29/08-11/07/08: East Boston Neighborhood Health Center
*This is obviously in East Boston which happens to be nearly 70 miles away from my house so I am trying to see if there is another option. Otherwise I will have to find a place to stay in Boston for 6 weeks cause I refuse to commute for an hour and a half every day into a crazy city such as Boston. If I end up there, it is a big community health center and I would be focusing on things such as diabetic and coagulation clinics. Most of it would involve geriatrics.
11/10/08-12/19/08: Walgreen's
*This is a Walgreens out in the country by my house and it will be the same old retail thing that I am quite used to. It may be a slight break and should be pretty relaxing compared to the others.
01/05/09-02/13/09: Westborough State Hospital
*This is a psych hospital and I am so excited for this opportunity. I will have a preceptor that teaches at my school who is a great teacher. Mostly I am fascinated with Psych and I am really excited to see everything I've learned actually work or not work in the real clinical world.
02/16/09-03/27/09: MCPHS/CVS
*This is another one that I am really excited about. I will again be with a professor from school who specializes in community pharmacy. I have her for an OTC class right now and I love it. I will spend half of my time at CVS doing various things and the other half will be on campus. Hopefully I will get some teaching opportunity cause that would be really cool.
03/30/09-05/08/09: St. Vincents
*This is the hospital that is just across the street from my school. I will again be with a professor from school. Probably I will learn a lot of the logistics of hospital pharmacy on this rotation.

I think these are gonna be really fun and very beneficial for me as I try to prepare for my career as a pharmacist. All that is missing is the chance to see some surgeries and cool stuff like that. I really hope I get to see some of that!

3 comments:

C.J. said...

Looks pretty cool! Good luck with the remaining weeks and that awful comprehensive test you have to take.

Kirsti said...

Congratulations. You're life looks awesome.
I want to plan a super awesome out of school party, post finals. You in?

Paul said...

Looks like some pretty cool stuff Mike. You can see the light at the end of the tunnel! I am still in the light before the tunnel, ah well.