19 January 2011

Christmas after New Years

Since we spent the Christmas holiday in North Carolina, we decided to leave all of our presents back at home in Vernal and just open them when we got back. We spent new years day at my parents and went to a birthday party that evening. We left the party early to get home early, but as we drove away we had some car difficulties. Looking back on it, there were definite signs of a flat tire, but neither of us realized it at the time. The car was tilting to one side, the drivers side. We both thought that it was because I was on that side of the car and we had to fit 4 suitcases from our NC trip also on that side of the car. The alignment also seemed to be off. Again, we just thought it was because of the extra baggage in Trishas small car. Well, once we got onto the freeway and the car started making a weird repetitive thumping, we both realized something else was going on. I was trying to drive to the next exit so I could pull off the freeway and check things out, when there was a blowout and I knew the tire was gone. I immediately pulled over and called my dad and brother who came to our aid and helped us get the spare tire on. We were so glad that it happened when it did and that we had family close by to help us out! What a great blessing that was! My mom was also nice enough to lend us her car so that we could get home for commitments at church and work the next day. Everything worked out in the end and I was able to drive back to SLC on Monday and get all new tires on Trishas car so hopefully we'll be good for a while. Needless to say it was 1:00am when we got home and Trisha couldn't wait to open our presents.


We got lots of fun things from Santa.
Highlights of our gifts:
1. Huge Nerf gun with 3 magazines that hold massive amounts of amunition. One day Trisha went to run errands and I set it up in the living room behind something so she couldn't see me. When she got home I bombarded her with every single bullet I had. It was hilarious!!! I know I'm gonna have lots of fun with it.
2. New bedroom
3. Barbeque grill (which I won at my work party)
4. Jazz tickets (which I bought as part of a blind charity auction at another work party. I also bought a super sweet sunkist skateboard.)
5. Exersaucer for Sam. He loves it and learns how to use more of it each day. He first would just suck on things. Now, he turns around and pushes buttons and plays with everything. He loves standing up in it too.

So Christmas in January is just as fun as Christmas in December! Merry late Christmas to our family and yours

PS- Didn't Trisha do a great job decorating our Christmas tree?!?!  

No comments: