05 January 2011

Atlanta, Georgia

My first visit to Georgia was a spectacular one! Trisha and I rented a car and made the nearly 4 hour drive from Charlotte, NC to Atlanta, GA. My great friends, Paul and Eliza and their 2 boys, have lived down there for a few years while Paul is in Pharmacy School. I first met Paul on my mission when we were both serving in the Liege, Belgium area and he was my Zone Leader. We went on a lot of exchanges and formed a friendship that continued after we returned home and took many of the same classes at the University of Utah. I've watched their family grow and I love every chance I get to see them and hang out with them. They are quality people; couldn't find any better. We met them at their house and they fed us lunch while we visited and I read lots of books, over and over again, to Peter and Aaron. Then we decided to go to the Coca-Cola Factory/Museum downtown. IT WAS AWESOME!!! It was one of my life-long goals and I am so glad that we went!






Trisha, Mike, Sam, Peter, Aaron, Eliza (and baby girl) and Paul

All of us getting ready to go in to the 4-D movie. This movie, by itself, is worth the entire entrance fee to the museum. It is a 3-D movie with the added fun of moving chairs. It was like riding a roller coaster while watching a movie. We also got squirted with water and air blown at our faces. I was sitting next to Peter, who did not enjoy the added fun, so maybe it isn't for little kids. However, I LOVED it!

Me testing out over 60 different Coke products from around the world. I'm pretty sure I didn't try all of them, but I did try a lot of them. Some of them were okay, a few were good and many were absolutely atrocious! Mostly I just liked drinking from the Coke fountains cause I love me some Coke.

After enjoying a few hours at the museum we headed to the coolest little diner outside of Atlanta. I have never seem customer service like they had at this place. The owner and waitresses were so friendly and they kept coming to our table and doing magic tricks for the kids. It was typical southern hospitality.

Thank you Paul, Eliza, Peter and Aaron for having us down in your neck of the woods and showing us a good time! Can't wait to hang out with you again!

No comments: