31 August 2008

I love working in the pharmacy

I have to share this story because I find it quite hilarious. I was at work and I answered the phone. A patient was asking me if there were any prescriptions for her to pick up. I looked up her profile, which was hard because she was of a certain nationality and kept talking really fast in ghetto talk. I try to ask her several times which medications she is looking for. She tells me to speak up because she has children screaming in the background. I repeat myself and tell her I am speaking as loudly as I can. She then proceeds to say to me: "Can I speak to someone else without an accent. I can't understand you." I put her on hold and laughed my face off. I then passed her to the pharmacist who happens to be asian and have a real accent. People are CRAZY! I'm not used to being told I have an accent so it was really funny.

No comments: