Not originally my idea, but it seems like it could be fun. It's always nice to take a trip down memory lane and remember some of the good ol times! So, here's the game:
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It could be really fun, so post away... And see if we can't have some good laughs
17 July 2008
Lame excuse for a blog entry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


13 comments:
I swear I didn't smash your heads into the carpet...well, maybe if you deserved it! I should have done this before I read yours, but those were all good times. I totally forgot about West Side Story - my makeup and my part sucked! I remember you storming down the hall yelling "this is a free country!" at mom. I remember staying up all night doing your scrapbook for communications officer. I remember how ornery you get when I make us do home improvement projects at mom and dad's and how hard we laugh when we've gotten no sleep and watch the sunrise while we finish painting the deck. I remember how you used to steal my tithing money but I didn't know who it was. I remember all our talks. I remember when I got your bike stolen and how you wrote that note to mom and dad telling them that you didn't want me to pay for a new one because you wanted me to go to Boston and have fun. Someone found that note a while ago and I cried when I read it, I didn't know you had done that. You are awesome and I love you! See you soon!
I remember mostly jr high days and the Sound of Music. I had a huge crush on you. But I don't think that you ever knew that. We would always hang out back stage and I always wanted people to leave us alone but nobody ever would. And I do remember walking in on you at Rob's party!! Oh Rob's parties those bring back way too many memories!!!!
This could be fun...
Singing the star spangled banner on your aunt and uncle's fireplace back when you didn't really know me.
Fourth of July fireworks in the blasted rain.
All those times you drove into Boston to hang out with us cause we were so cool - fondue parties, poetry readings, house shows, boston tea parties.
More recently - night skiing at Mt. Wachusett, running along the charles, valentine's day, easter dinner, Towerhill Botanical Garden, Marblehead...So many great moments, I could go on and on.
I like memories with you in them.
Ah the memories! I remember when you snorted a smartie up your nose..."Get a fork, get a fork!" I also remember when you insisted on wearing that same striped "Enough" shirt that we bought at the St. George outlets like every day. I remember you crying whenever someone talked about war. I remember many late night talks, getting white washed by you and you thinking it was so dang funny, depending on you to do things with me and knowing you always would, shopping, folding papers (and you skipping houses all the time and not caring - man, that chapped my hide!). I remember your fake stubborn exterior that hides one of the most kind and generous hearts in the world. I remember you writing to me on my mission every week, more than anyone else, even Mom and she only missed once or twice. I remember you writing in your journal faithfully every week. Some of my favorite memories are of singing duets with you. They go on forever. I've loved having you as a brother! Can't wait to see you in a week or so.
Uh...I guess you don't have any memories with me, since you didn't comment on my blog. But I have a ton of you! Some of my faves are: The church hymn war when I was mad at you for ditching me for Jared Fitts, the maxi pad episode, riding home in the eagle down 1300 W getting thrown all over the back seat from your driving (that car is a whole memory of itself!), spending endless hours in the hot tub with you, Spence, and Dan, the night of my car accident, freeze outs on the way to Mads performances, and our many many talks. Tons of great memories! Thanks for making Jr. High and High School so memorable! I'm so glad you decided that I was cool enough to be your friend.
Umm, thanks for loving me in my elementary years, I actually told Jeremy about you after you commmented on my blog the first time. I remember Cj taking me in your room where you had made a sign on graph paper that said my name, sining "If I only had a brain" at the state fair, playing house around the church grounds and definitely night games. I am flattered that you still find me cool enough to be friends, too bad I moved and your love couldn't flourish. Hope all is well!
Hey Mike,
I saw you on Annilee's blog. I hope it's ok to leave a comment.
I remember 7 years ago when you had the part of the hero in the ward play and I was your lady. I was the worst actress(my one and only stage performance ever)But you did so great. I can only imagine how frustrating it was to work with us amateurs.
And I also remember you stealing Lisel's tithing money. Funny times in the neighborhood.
-Amanda Anderson
Wow, Michael Sorenson. What a blast from the past for sure! I miss you man! I do remember good old Eisenhower (unfortunately) totally "best of times, worst of times."
I have so many memories of you, but one memory of you always stands out. That one day after school in Jr High when you kissed me (one of my first!)and someone shouted "Eww! Gross!" I was so embarrassed that I was so gross to kiss, I ran away and avoided you for days, thinking I disgusted you. Haha, good old preteen times. I probably shouldnt have shared that one, but it is so vivid, it makes me laugh.
Anyway, looks like you are doing so well! I am so happy for you, not to mention slightly jealous. Boston was my #1 pick for residence, but never happened. Ah, dreams.
How about the time you and Riley made dinner and served lasagna with mashed potatoes and pasta salad, and the kids were bouncin off the walls? Or how you were willing to go with me to drive Renee to the Hartford airport because I didn't want to drive back alone. It was pouring rain and you discovered that one of my greatest fears is driving in the rain; now you think I drive like a grandma. I too recall screaming the star spangled banner at the top of my lungs, our road trip to Vegas, and having you around for the past 3 New Years parties. Oh, and you were a good Sunday School buddy. Here's to many more good times (isn't it fun being related?) - I'm excited to see you soon!
I have only like a zillion memories with you, but one of my favorite memories with you was when you ditched with me to go cd shopping the day J left on his mission. That totally made my day. I think it was the first time you were nice to me. =]
The Sound of music, HELLO! I think I remember being totally bugged that every girl in the play had a crush on the captain and oh yes I admit I fell in that category. For some reason though you always payed more attention to the nerds like Brandi Banks....Just Kidden! I also remember the naughty letters we use to send to each other after Jr. High. What were we thinking? Well those were some fun times.
Well it is good running into you again on the log world. Pharmacist huh! My hubby is actually a Pharmaceutical Rep he is probably always bugging your kind. He sales Diabetic Insulin. He enjoys it alright.
where does a mom even begin! I remember a very sweet child, even though you were almost as naughty as Lis as an infant. I remember your concern for others, your always cleaning closets or cupboards for me. Your singing at a very early age, remember "Somewhere out There" at uncle Mike's wedding. I remember you and C. folding papers, wrestling and hitting the walls, while I was teaching piano. I remember your independence, I believe that was part of your telling me it's a free country. I will never forget you asking dad "Are we Cute"? Even if you weren't that was adorable, but you are cute. So many awesome memories and I am so glad you are my son. You are so understanding of me and always willing to make me feel loved. You are always concerned about others feelings and I love you. Thanks for being so helpful to my baby sis and her family, that will be an awesome memory.
good idea Mike! Here's a couple for ya.
Oh my Hail...is this your street?
& eating Harry Potter Jelly Bellies without looking at them first. Boogers, dirt, sardines, you name it. I think most of them ended up on the front of your yard. :)
Good to hear from ya! It sounds like you are having fun.
Post a Comment