Viva Las Vegas--> Fast Forward 3 Years
The last time we came to Las Vegas it was for our honeymoon 3 years ago. Now, we return with 2 kids for what promised to be an adventure.
The McKesson IdeaShare convention was held in Vegas. My parents were going so we decided it would be fun for us to go too. We headed down on Sunday and spent 4 days there. Lots of the time I was attending classes and presentations. I went to some good classes and I hope to be able to implement some of the things I learned to improve the pharmacy. A few of the classes were awful boring but I got CE credit for them, so it was worth it. All of us spent quite a bit of time on the trade show floor getting free food (lots of food!), free samples and learning about all sorts of products and services that people were promoting. We did find some time to swim in the massive expanse of pools on the property and get some sun. Sam loved being at the pool and in the water! We also had a chance to walk up the strip one night and catch all the outdoor shows that play on the strip. It was a short, fun trip.
We had some time to play at the pool. Sam loves playing in the water!
Kate didn't really appreciate the heat but this nice pool girl brought us some cool towels (which smelled of eucalyptus) to put on her head. That was better for her.
Walking down the strip. I guess Sam was too tired. He woke up after this to watch all the shows along the way.
Grandpa taking a minute with crazy Kate
Trisha and I at the Bellagio Fountains. Do you know that after this we walked around the Mile Mall for about 30 minutes trying to find a virgin daquiri? Don't waste your time. Don't have them there anymore. I was thoroughly disappointed. Good thing I found one later at our hotel!
Our hotel room at the Palazzo. It was the nicest hotel room I have ever stayed in and it was great to have some space for Sam to run around. Plus, my mom and dad were in the room next door, so Sam would open the door and have their whole room to play in as well. He loved being around them.
Sam practicing his swimming moves with his mommy
Sam jumping off the ledge
Grandma and Grandpa enjoying the sun
Our family at the pool
Sam in the kid pool at the Venitian
Sams favorite part of our hotel room? Not 1, but 3 telephones for him to play with. He likes to call his pappa and talk to him about lots of things we don't understand.
Sam on the trade show floor. We spent quite a bit of time there. Got free things, free food, etc... Lots of fun
The final night party at the Palms Resort pool. We got to see a concert from a mock-Beatles band.
Driving back home, we were greeted by lots of wildfires burning in Utah. It was incredible to drive up I-15 and pass one after the other. From Delta to Vernal the sky looked like this. This picture was taken overlooking Strawberry Reservoir.


No comments:
Post a Comment