02 September 2012

Inagural Reunion

A few months ago, we had a family meeting. We discussed several different things, one of which was having our very first family reunion.

First Carl Sorenson Family Reunion

When: July 12-15

Where: Condo at Bear Lake West

Activities: Day at the beach, El Bandito @ Pickleville Playhouse, hike to Bloomington Lakes, Paris Ice Caves, and lots of fun hanging out.


The family at the Paris Ice Caves

Sam is the cutest with his curly hair

The family at Paris Ice Caves again

Kate hanging out at the beach

Sam playing with his sand toys. Who knows what he's doing?! As long as he's happy

Our view of the lake from our condo

Our family at Bloomington Lake. So pretty up there!

Most of the long weekend, we just enjoyed spending time with one another. However, we did have some pretty memorable moments. There were some great thunder/lightning/rain storms that luckily waited until right after our day at the lake. We all got to go on the boat and ski and enjoy the lake. We had another huge downpour while at Bloomington Lake. Unfortunately we were not able to miss that one. We tried really hard to wait until it was over and it gave us about 30 minutes of clear skies before it poured down on all of us as we tried to run down to the cars with all the kids screaming and everyone muddy and wet. It was beautiful up there, so I think it was well worth it. Also, it was a great memory.  The kids particularly loved visiting the Paris Ice Caves and hiking around for a minute. It was crazy to go from 90 degree weather outside to like 60 degree weather in the cave (which is only 20 steps down from 'outside'). The last hightlight was The Hanging of El Bandito. I was a huge skeptic. I did not expect anything great but went along with it because I generaly like theater productions. I haven't laughed so hard for many months. It was hilarious! I would say that the writer of this production is a genius. Very well written. Although some of it is made up as they go, ad-lib, so props to those actors who are quick on their lines and absolutely hilarious! Apparently the main character is always the same, but every year the story changes. I would definitely go again.

We split up the meals, each family was responsible to cook one big meal for everyone. We had some great food! Mom and dad took us out to dinner at a pizza joint.

The condo was a deal! Thanks to Matt for knowing people that could hook us up with that. We were really glad we didn't end up camping at those times when we stood at the doors/windows and watch the rain come down in sheets.

All in all, it was a success and I think everyone enjoyed it! I hope that we keep it going because I love spending time with my family. Plus, it's fun to go experience different places.

1 comment:

Lisel said...

I totally loved it and also hope we keep doing it! I can't believe you didn't trust us about Bandito!! We better start planning the next one soon :)