18 June 2010

Who would have thought

This morning when I got to work a group of people approached the pharmacy counter. It sounded like they were speaking French, so I waited until they got closer so that I could hear them well. One lady came up to the counter and started asking me a question in broken english to which I inquired, "Vous parlez francais?" Op la, she immediately started speaking french (really fast) and I tried to process this bizarre situation and switch to my french speaking brain. I was caught so off guard that I don't think I spoke one understandable phrase the whole time I was trying to explain to them, in French, which cream would be best for her husbands hands. Finally I got into the right mode and talked to them a little bit about them and what they were doing here and how I knew French. Now that they are gone my mind is going a mile a minute in French, just chattin with myself, thinking of all the things I should have/could have said to them. Who ever would have expected a group of French people to be driving through little ol' Roosevelt and stopping at my pharmacy??? Just crazy! It gives me an itch to return to my adopted country that I love- I am so happy right now!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Chouette!

Anonymous said...

amusant ! ils n'étaient pas picards j'espère !!!
oups! Pascal va me tuer :)