03 June 2010

Quite the project

I started weeding and raking my dead grass over a month ago. This is what it looked like after a few hours of work on the side of the house.

After a few more hours, I moved to the front of the house.
This picture was taken 3 weeks ago.

Then life got crazy and the yard was not a priority. You can not believe the growth of the blasted prickly weeds. This picture was taken last week, only 2 weeks after the last picture.

Four of five hours later, I made some progress

The rest was just plain brutal!! 9 (NINE) hours it took me to pull weeds from this last section of lawn. Happy Memorial Day to me! Now my dead lawn is almost rid of weeds and I can figure out how to get grass growin there again...
 
Any suggestions???

6 comments:

C.J. said...

You probably need to have someone come spray it with some kind of weed killer and fertilizer. Do you have your sprinklers on yet?

Megan D. said...

are you going to do sod or try seed? is there grass in there now or did you rip it all up?

Mike said...

CJ- I'm working on getting my sprinklers up and running. I have a few issues but they should be fixed by the end of the week.
Meg- I think I'm gonna try seed but I'm not sure yet. It had green grass there at one time but they stopped watering it and the grass is completely dead now.

Lisel said...

You definitely need to use fertilizers and weed killers once you get it going. Our neighbors across the street salvaged lawn that I thought was hopeless. Start watering and see what happens before you do anything drastic!

HayLee said...

I have a number of a guy who can come spray weeds, pretty reasonable. Wait 2 wks and then you can seed. If it were me I would spray, wait two weeks, seed and cover it with peat moss. Within a week grass should start to sprout- wait 4 wks and then you can mow. Just make sure your sprinklers are running before you do anything. Sounds like fun!

The Baker Family said...

that looks like weed. what are you doin over there???