I have reached a "mile"stone in my running. I have run 100 miles so far, 104.73 miles to be exact . It has taken me 35 days, 21 runs, and check it 17.25 hours to get there. I'm looking forward to the next 100 miles which should be done in only 3 weeks! Although I am really exhausted from all the running and look forward to days when it is not my main focus, I am so proud of myself. I am not at all the kind of person that would wake up early for anything, especially to go running at 6:00 am but I have found some inner strength and determination and I have been able to do it everytime I have needed to. I am also proud that not once have I stopped and walked during any of my runs. When my body tells me that I don't wanna or can't run any further, I tell it to shut up and keep on moving one leg at a time. That's how I get through every run, one leg at a time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
That is such an accomplishment Mike, never anything better than setting a goal and working towards acheiving it. I am sure you get a lot of good thinking done while running, I love to clear my head that way! Keep it up!
Knowing how to tell your body to just shut up and keep going will do you well towards the end of the marathon when it's easy to hit "the wall" and it becomes a total mind game, not a test of physical will.
You're awesome, keep up the great work!
Post a Comment