
I've been waiting for spring break since January. It's means that I'm half way through this dreaded semester and so much closer to a time when I don't have to take so many tests all the time! So far it's been a great time. I spent pretty much all weekend in Boston for birthday parties and chillin and church and good meals. It was a great time. I've worked a few long days too at the good old CVS. It hasn't felt like I've had a lot of down time so far but it has been great. Yesterday I had the day off from everything, so I went into Boston and asked/told Trisha to run 6 miles with me. I've always wanted to run along the Charles river and it was such a nice day for it. Now i can cross that off my list of things I want to do in Massachusetts. We started running in Cambridge (near Harvard) and ran along the river as it wound to the city. It's such a pretty place and it made the run much more pleasant. The picture above is of Boston from the other side of the river where we ran, so this is what we looked at as we ran. I was a little bit mean and told her it was only 6 miles when in actual fact it was an eight mile run!!! Good for us! We didn't even stop and we made great time. We're almost ready for a half-marathon. Bring it on... Then we drove down to Newport, Rhode Island to see the mansions and walk around a bit. It is incredible to think that one family (the Vanderbuilts) had over 200 million dollars in the 1890's, more than the US treasury. They lived in pure elegance and it is slightly sickening but really great to look at. The picture below is simply the "Summer Cottage" of the Vanderbuilt family called The Breakers. It was such a nice day! Don't worry, today we had some freakish snow storm while I was at work. When is it gonna be summer?! Tomorrow I get another whole day off and I have so much homework to do but it will be nice to sit around all day at home. I'm gonna make manicotti for my family and play games with the kids that I have been promising for weeks and never had time. I can't complain lately, my life is just really great.
12 March 2008
SPRING BREAK!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Even though I could barely move the next day . . . I'm glad you tricked me into running those eight miles :)
I'm so glad that everything is going well for you. Way to keep in touch! :) Just kidding, sorry I've been terrible about it.
That picture was of a cottage? Yikes! They definitely did not have a normal reality. I hope you enjoy the rest of your spring break and congrats on the 8 miler... you better post about a half soon :-D
Post a Comment