04 November 2007

Fun times in Salt Lake

I guess I better take this time to blog cause it doesn't look like I'm gonna be doing much of it in the next little while. I have been back in MA for a week now and I have been overloaded with homework to the point that I really miss working full time and having no class. The real work in pharmacy school begins and it shows no signs of letting up until once again I am on rotations next fall. I know that there are people out there who are very studious and always do their homework before class and stay on top of everything all the time. I am NOT one of those people and to be told that I will have to spend five hours a day doing homework just doesn't sit well with me. Usually I would just think this was advise, the advice of the overacheiver but I have come to realize that five hours a day is now my life and that five hours is just enough to get by. Even more would be required if I wanted to reach overacheiver status. I read case after case of made up patients with problems and I read the literature to figure out what is wrong with them and find solutions to help them. All this in an attempt to help me learn and make associations so that in my future career I can remember these bogus cases and apply them. Will it work? I don't know, but I guess it's better than reading a text book. Anyway, that's pretty much the story of my life right now, boring. So, let me show you some of the pics I took while I was in Utah for the past two months...


I went to Las Vegas. Viva Las Vegas

I saw the Bodies exhibit at the Tropicana Casino, which was absolutely incredible!!

Sarah and I posing by the ship at Treasure Island in Las Vegas

I saw my nephews and neice, who are fun and awesome

I dressed up for halloween like a guy from the seventies and Sarah found the greatest costume at Savers so that we could be a rockin couple, retro

I saw a crazy biker on LV BLVD, maybe he was drunk, who knows why he was wearing a costume when it wasn't halloween

Margaritaville was the place to go in LV and people everywhere were dressed in grass skirts and coconuts

I saw mountains again! These are along the drive to Las Vegas

I went to Paris! I only wish!! I guess this is as close as it gets for me until June of 2009!

I saw my mom who dressed up as a pirate for halloween. I love my mom, she's the greatest

Good thing my brother is back from his mission to add some hilariousness to our family. Nacho is doing his delicate pose, hahaha

My sister hosted a halloween party

Even though it's hard to see, this is my little bro and his wife

This is my big bro reading something on our way to LV.

I got to see all my family and some of my closest friends. It was so great! I can't believe how fast it went. I hope the next year can go by just as fast! Love ya all back in Utah and can't wait to visit you again. For those of you in MA, I am glad to be back. I love both my homes!

1 comment:

pascal said...

trop cool ton déguisement mimi, t'as l'air d'un monstre !!! je me rappel maintenat etre deja venu sur ton blog ! c'etait just avant ma premiere crise carrrr...diiiiiii...;aaaaaaaqueee........ salete de bllllllll................
bisous pascal