04 September 2007

New Start

My first day at Walgreen's Pharmacy in Taylorsville Utah is officially over. It went okay, I guess. I am reminded how much I hate feeling like I can't do anything. I am pretty good at my job as an intern at CVS and I have six years of experience in the pharmacy, but that doesn't mean much when you go into a new environment. I pretty much felt like an idiot the entire day. I don't know how to use their computer system nor their registers, so I was left to count pills all day (which I am already wicked fast at). I attempted to answer the phone once but I couldn't help the lady cause I had no idea how to navigate the system. I love learning to do things and I especially love knowing that I can do things. Hopefully they will start to teach me a little more or I may go crazy! That is why I think education is so important. If you don't learn how to do things, you are helpless and depend on others for everything. The more you know and the more you can do on your own the better off you are in life. "Only the educated are free!" Educate yourselves!

2 comments:

C.J. said...

Good luck with all that!

Jacosa said...

Word. You'll do awesome! Hang in there!