15 April 2007

"He Came for Me"



So, I know that I have been telling people this blog would be up a long time ago, I just haven't had the time to figure out how to blog with video. This is the song that I sang in sacrament for Easter sunday. Melba was nice enough to accompany me, Thanks Melba! I really love music! If I have one passion in life it is music and singing. I have always loved music. My mom and dad both sing very well and taught us how to sing and how to enjoy singing. When I was very young, my mom and her friend started a singing group for kids, "The Quarter Time Kids." Ever since then, I have been singing. Hopefully I will sing until the day I die. I don't think any thing would be harder for me to deal with than losing my physical ability to sing. It has been a huge help and success in my life. What would it be like to drive in my car and not sing at the top of my lungs? What would it be like to not be able to sing in a choir where you can just feel the power of the music? I just can't even imagine... The week leading up to the performance, I was wicked busy with school and super stressed out. So, instead of doing my homework, I would practice this song and it would make me feel more relaxed. Music is the best anecdote for almost any problem! I was really thankful for the opportunity to share what I love with others.

2 comments:

Jacosa said...

Ditto on everything you said about music! You did a beautiful job, BTW. I'm sure you make your parents proud!!!

Jacosa said...

Ummm... nope- not even a little bit. But I'll make you a deal- if you run it, I'll be there cheering you on! =D Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike! *dramatic, 80's movie-ish slow clap that builds into wild applause* hee hee