Seeing Salt Lake from the eyes of a tourist.
I was born and raised in the Salt Lake area. I thought I had pretty much done everything there is to do in SLC. I was wrong. It was our pleasure to host a friend who came to visit us from Massachusetts. We asked her what she wanted to do while she was here and she did research and made a list.
The list:
1. Bonneville Salt Flats
They tasted just like salt
Sam, Trisha and Jessie
Sam liked playing in the puddles of water on top of the salt
2. Park City- I haven't been to Park City Main St since I was in high school. Why I haven't been back, I'm not sure. I loved it. It was pretty fun.
Looking down Main Street
Looking up Main Street
3. Great Salt Lake
And we added:
4. Kennecott Copper Mine-Massive. That's all I can say, it is massive. I had no idea the economic impact that this mine had in the SLC community and Utah. It's amazing. I also had no idea how committed they are to the environment. A large portion of the presentation in their museum describes the many great things they have done to support the environment around the mining process as well as in the community in general. Pretty impressive.
5. Picnic in the canyon
6. Temple Square with the family
Sam loves playing with his cousins!
Flowers are always spectacular at Temple Square
It was a great weekend. I hope more people come to visit us so we can find more things to do that we have never done before.


No comments:
Post a Comment