It's a new year and that means new goals for me.
Last year I made a much needed resolution to quite caffeine. I knew that it was gonna be rough, but I also knew that the headaches and constant desire for caffeinated beverages was just as rough. So I made the resolution and I started to drink more water and caffeine-free drinks. Lucky for me I didn't have any withdrawal headaches at the begining, they didn't set in for a few weeks but by then I was committed. Most of the year went well, but there were times when I just really wanted to drink a Dew. It was one of the hardest things that I have ever done. I am proud to say that I only cheated 3 times in the whole year. I consider that an achievement of epic proportions. Now I am faced with a new dilema. I had my first Mountain Dew on New Years Eve and I have had a few drinks since. They taste good and I like drinking them but the cravings for them have already come back full force. So it makes me think that I just need to can them for the rest of my life. But I really want to drink them. What to do? I have no idea. I'll figure it out eventually.
I have set some new goals for 2012!
#1- I am going to stop picking/biting/chewing my fingernails and surrounding tissue. This is already proving to be very difficult, but it needs to be done. My dad has been trying to get me to quite for as long as I can remember. When I told Trisha, she said, "Oh, that is gonna be hard for you!" Indeed it will, but it is now public information so if you see me touching my fingernails, smack me upside the head, please.
#2- I want to read 1 book every month. I better hurry and finish the book that I started in December so that I can move onto "I am Number Four" for January. Any other reading suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
14 January 2012
It's a new year
WELCOME 2012!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Oh Mike...we are kindred spirits...I can't go two days without a Mt. Dew...only thing that gets me though motherhood. I have been leaning towards stopping as well...I feel your pain. As for the "nail" issue...I even remember you doing that. Old habits are hard to break...maybe you can use the stuff that you paint on nails to get your kids to stop sucking their thumbs. You are a pharmacist...you should be able to get some...worked like a charm for my nephew, tastes like garbage. Anyway, good luck with your resolutions...
Recently I've liked Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand, The Thief (there's 4 books in the series about Attolia) by Megan Whalen Turner, The Wednesday Wars by Gary Schmidt, and The Help. The others I would recommend are maybe too "girly" but I'll tell you if you need more ideas. I have lots on my "to read" list, so I'll let you know if I run across any more good ones.
I can't believe you stopped drinking pop for a whole year! You are my idol! It's pretty sad that I can measure how my day is going by how many diet cokes I've had. Now onto book recommendations, I just finished reading The Book Thief, it was excellent! I think you'd like it. I also have on my list Wednesdays Wars. If you haven't read the Hunger Game Series, they are some of my favorites. Rob read them and liked them too!
Post a Comment