03 December 2011

Coloring Contest

I decided that my work needed to do something for halloween that involved the community. So I set out to do a coloring contest for all kids ages 0-12. I didn't realize what a project it would become but it was really fun by the end. I got 1500 coloring pages and handed them out to the two elementary schools in town. I printed an additional 300 copies and we started giving those out to customers when they came in for prescriptions. The kids had 4 weeks to hand in their entries and they started trickling in the day after we started giving them out. By the end we were running out of room to display them. We ended up with just over 200 entries which is about what I anticipated.


Employees from the store judged them and we had 10 winners. 3 grand prize winners from 3 age categories and then winners for things like 1st entry, most creative, most halloween themed, etc... All of them got some pretty cool prizes/toys (purchased from Oriental Trading) and lots of candy.

The kids were so excited when they came in to get their prizes!! It was like seeing little kids at Christmas. The whole thing turned out to be a huge success and it made work a little less mundane for a few weeks.

No comments: