30 August 2011

Top of Utah Half Marathon

Last weekend, we headed off to Logan to race the race. I was really excited for the half marathon because it was a nice break in my training schedule for the St. George Marathon coming up soon. And I have been having shin issues so I took the entire week off and prepared myself for the race. By the time of the race I was afraid the week off would not turn out to be a good decision, but it turned out good.

We met up with Shayne and Chalise and went to dinner at a Pizza buffet, where I ate more pizza than one should ever eat in one sitting. We spent the night at their house too and it was really fun to hang out with them. Thanks for letting us stay at your house!!

Four thirty was wake up time and five o'clock was time to leave for the finish line. We got bussed up to the starting line and got to wait there for over an hour before the race began. Once the race gun went off, Shayne and I stayed back at the end of the line so that we wouldn't have to fight the crowd. It didn't really work, because we ended up weaving in and out and all over the road. It was the exact same route as the marathon (just shorter) so I kept thinking back to last year and it helped motivate me and push me. I ran as fast as I could as long as I could. I know I slowed down toward the last 3 miles of the race, but I kept on pushing.


I crossed the finish line with my best half marathon time! 1:50:32.2! It makes me really excited for the St. George marathon and hopefully I can continue my pace to beat my best marathon time as well.

Besides being tired and sore for a few days I am fully recovered and moving on to my training schedule.

1 comment:

The Danimal said...

TOO LEGIT!!!! you are awesome brother!!!