17 August 2011

Fourth of July

I wasn't that thrilled to know that I was stuck working all weekend of the fourth of July. I have ongoing traditions with my family that take place that weekend every year but I guess when you grow up and get jobs you don't always get to have every weekend and holiday off. On the other hand, Trisha was really excited to stay in town and hang out with our friends. It turned out to be a really great day. First, we went to breakfast on Main Street and watched some of the parade as it went by. Then we went fishing with our Friends, Justin and HayLee. We went to Matt Warner Reservoir and had a really successful day. It was lots of fun!


Sam enjoying the day fishing and Justin and Trisha in the background

My first catch

All of our catches

Trisha showing off the fish that Justin let her reel in

After fishing we invited all of our friends over and we had a big party. It was fun! We were supposed to go see the fireworks in town but we got carried away with the party and the fireworks went off while we were driving to see them so we ended up enjoying the new firework regulations from our friends front lawn. There were fireworks like crazy all weekend long. Party all night!

These are the decorations that Trisha made. She was really happy about them.

No comments: