I usually hate posts without pictures but since we lost our camera on the plane on our way back, a picture-less post will have to do. My cousin, Keaton, that I lived with for three years while in pharmacy school, left on his mission and his farewell was scheduled for the last week of May. We really wanted to go back to MA on vacation and we planned our trip around the farewell. Once we started to plan out the trip we also found out that two of our friends would be getting married the weekend before the farewell. So we extended our original plans and set out for an amazing trip back in time. I won't bore you with the entire details of our trip just list my favorite parts of it and tell you that we absolutely loved it!!
The wedding of Rob and Leeann Smith
The wedding reception of Jared and Danielle Mooney
Helping Keaton do yard work
Seeing all of my coworkers from CVS
Spending lots of time with my aunt, uncle and cousins, the Arbons
Visiting with the Vieiras
Driving through Worcester
Going to dinner with Adam, Abby, Carly, Lora, Dave and Jessica
Running in the hills of Princeton with Trisha, Mom, Lori and Jan
Going to lunch at Concord Inn
Walking in the Boston Public Gardens and along the Charles River
Dinner at the Cheesecake Factory at the Pru with Tristan
Lunch with my pharmacy friend, Jessie
A trip to the temple with Keaton and everyone else
Attending Keatons farewell and being part of the 8 hour open house at their house following the meeting
Memorial Day on the beach in Newport, Rhode Island
Driving on Storrow
Watching Aunt Jana finish the New England Ragnar Relay in Harvard Stadium
It was the best trip!! We loved every minute of it and it was sad to say goodbye and have to come back to real life. It really made me wonder why I ever moved away from MA. It is so beautiful and green and it holds so many good memories for me. I can't wait to plan our next trip back there.
To Keaton,
You have grown up so much since I came to live with you five years ago. Not only are you my cousin but you have been a good friend to me over the years. It was especially cool to spend time with you before you left on your journey of missionary work. I am amazed at how you have changed from an immature fifteen year old boy that loved to play pranks on me everyday to a young man that is caring, strong, spiritual, intelligent and kind. I know you will do amazing things out there on your mission. The people will love you and you will change many lives as you teach the gospel. I pray that God will be with you. Love you. See ya in two years at your homecoming!


No comments:
Post a Comment