YOU BETTER WATCH OUT!!!! It is because of you that I will never own a dog!
All I wanna do is train for my marathon in peace, just me and the road and my ipod screaming in my ear. I have had to change my long routes already because of two stupid dogs that chased me for miles and miles, barking at me as if I had violated some dog law.
On Wednesday I had to do an eight mile run. I have done this one several times and always use the same route on main streets. I was just past the five mile point when I had to take a detour into a neighborhood because of construction on the main road that I was supposed to run on. All of a sudden I was caught off guard by this small dog barking at my heels. I don't even know where the stupid thing came from. I did my usual routine when being chased by a dog, I ignored it and tried to keep running. I could tell it wasn't gonna give up, and I looked down at it just in time to hear a growl and see its mouth open with a serious look of "bite" in its eyes. There was no way I was gonna stop running cause that is just against my rules of running! As my right leg swung forward to continue my running, the dog opened even wider and then clamped down on me. I felt teeth hit me but luckily when I looked back down again, it had only managed to grab hold of my pants. I was so ticked off, both because this dumb dog was attacking me and because my run was being interrupted!! Now it was time for my leg to swing backwards and I used that to my advantage. I took a little bit of my stored energy and put it all down in my leg, swinging it back at full speed behind. As my leg struck the dog, it yanked its teeth and became unattached from my pants. It flew back a little bit and then stopped, dropped a chunk of my pants on the asphault and glared at me. I looked back, shocked that it had just tried to bite me and had successfully taken a chunk out of my pants, and glared back with an equally sinister look in my eye.
To this dogs owner: I will not be sad at all if your pet gets run over (or kicked or stepped on), but you might be, so why don't you be a responsible dog owner and chain it up or keep it inside!!
To the dog: You better watch out cause next time I pass you on the road it will not be a pleasant experience!
(This is the damage and the evidence)
All I wanna do is train for my marathon in peace, just me and the road and my ipod screaming in my ear. I have had to change my long routes already because of two stupid dogs that chased me for miles and miles, barking at me as if I had violated some dog law.
On Wednesday I had to do an eight mile run. I have done this one several times and always use the same route on main streets. I was just past the five mile point when I had to take a detour into a neighborhood because of construction on the main road that I was supposed to run on. All of a sudden I was caught off guard by this small dog barking at my heels. I don't even know where the stupid thing came from. I did my usual routine when being chased by a dog, I ignored it and tried to keep running. I could tell it wasn't gonna give up, and I looked down at it just in time to hear a growl and see its mouth open with a serious look of "bite" in its eyes. There was no way I was gonna stop running cause that is just against my rules of running! As my right leg swung forward to continue my running, the dog opened even wider and then clamped down on me. I felt teeth hit me but luckily when I looked back down again, it had only managed to grab hold of my pants. I was so ticked off, both because this dumb dog was attacking me and because my run was being interrupted!! Now it was time for my leg to swing backwards and I used that to my advantage. I took a little bit of my stored energy and put it all down in my leg, swinging it back at full speed behind. As my leg struck the dog, it yanked its teeth and became unattached from my pants. It flew back a little bit and then stopped, dropped a chunk of my pants on the asphault and glared at me. I looked back, shocked that it had just tried to bite me and had successfully taken a chunk out of my pants, and glared back with an equally sinister look in my eye.
To this dogs owner: I will not be sad at all if your pet gets run over (or kicked or stepped on), but you might be, so why don't you be a responsible dog owner and chain it up or keep it inside!!
To the dog: You better watch out cause next time I pass you on the road it will not be a pleasant experience!
(This is the damage and the evidence)


6 comments:
I hate dogs. End of story. I don't care how much the kids want one, I'll veto this in my house even if it means I die alone in the rest home. I'm glad you survived.
Once again, What a stupid dog! I can not believe the chunk it took out of your pants. Dogs are like kids, the are what the "parent" teaches them.
I know it was not funny to you at the time but Brandon and I both had a pretty hard laugh at this post. Sorry about the idiotic dog.
What a dumb dog! That is one of my worst fears in running and in small, rural towns like ours it seems like there are lots of dogs who are not chained up.
Bummer! That sucks Mike! I have never been chased by a dog while running (knock on wood). Do people in Vernal not believe in fences?
This is my worst fear. I am always on doggie patrol while running. I don't understand people with dogs. If your gonna have one take care of it!
Post a Comment