18 September 2009

Stupid Lady!

For the past week my store has been resetting the shelves throughout the store. To do this, Associated Foods hires out lots of people and they all converge on the store and get it done in a few days. I got to work on Monday and found that for the next four days we would be blessed with an obnoxious, know-it-all in front of the pharmacy doing all of the shelves for the vitamins. She was constantly flapping her jaws and always found a way into everybodys business. She kept telling people all about vitamins and where they come from, how to take them and of course she would add in her two cents at every given opportunity. She never ceased to talk about how she had to pee, she yelled at other workers when they asked her to help them with something and my favorite of all is her asking us if we had a microwave in the pharmacy so that we could make meth... hmm... Of course I was extremely annoyed with this lady so when I got to work on thursday morning and saw her I was not very excited. A few hours into my shift I went out to help a lady who had asked me about acidophillus. This customer asked me a question and before I had a chance to respond, in popped Miss Know-It-All with her comments about this that and the other. I turned to her and asked her if she had any training to back up her full mouth. She gave me a dirty look but kept flapping her jaws. The customer and I looked at each other and rolled our eyes while she tried to continue talking to the wall. After she left I was able to answer her question but the drama doesn't end there! Miss Know-It-All came back to the pharmacy counter placed a piece of paper down and told my technician, "This is for your pharmacist. Just something to think about." I looked at my technician and we knew this was gonna be good. I walked over to the counter picked up the handwritten note and read the following,
"If you believe that your information is more accurate because you spent a lot of money to get it, you are still too young and arrogant to use it wisely :)"
Yep it even had a smiley face on it, isn't that nice?! Well to you Miss Know-It-All, I would much rather be young and arrogant than OLD and FULL OF *%<@

6 comments:

Tania said...

Thanks for making me laugh - she sounds obnoxious. Hopefully she won't be back.

Bethany said...

Highly entertaining anecdote on my end :) Im sure not so lovely on yours. LOL

Jillyan said...

HILARIOUS!!! I can picture the whole scene in my head!

Megan D. said...

Oh my heck. Some people are SO weird! I am with Jill and can see the scene quite clearly. Ha, ha!

HM (Nana) said...

I would frame the piece of paper as a reminder that all things work to give us not only experience and patience, but can bring a big smile to our lips when we reflect back:)

Karli said...

I guess in the end, when people are out of line they get theirs. I guess your sweet lady learned your pricey education, did give you the license to discuss meds with patients. You aren't young and arrogant, just licensed and recognized by the state to counsel with patients. Oops, she isn't, now she is unemployed.