So, I'm all about parties and when I found out that peeps from my ward would be going on the second annual "white trash roatrip" to see a Nascar race in North Carolina, I was all in. It was such a fun weekend. Twenty eight plus hours of driving, an all-nighter, a nascar race, buying a nascar shirt at the walmart, street race party with free concert (that unfortunately I didn't get to see) in downtown charlotte, chillin with Trisha's family and lots of other fun events. So, you can never really understand what nascar is about until you have this experience, and I thought it was so great! Actually I compare it to my love for the 24th of July parade (on pioneer day) back in SLC. The party leading up to it is the fun part. Hanging out, lots of people around, eating junk food, thats the part I really enjoy. When it came to the race, I was not so interested in watching circles for 2 hours. I must admit that there were several crashes and a brawl at the end, but other than that watching the race was not my thing. I think one of the other great things about it was when Kyle Busch (??) won the race and he was boo'd and flipped off and people threw things at his car and he continued to do circles in front of the crowd and got out of his car to take a bow for them all. That was hilarious. Here are some pics of the weekend...
The girls posing by a Nas-car
Lowe's motor speedway
Lisa, Lora, Me and Trish at "Street Race" in downtown Charlotte

Me with my awesome turkey leg, iced lemonade and my "white trash" attire

Trish and I walking away from the race
Jared (with an awesome mullet), Lora and LisaMarci, Joana, Ally and Kirsti
The whole crew posing at Trisha's parents house before going to the race
The cars as they sped by (its a little bit hard to get a picture like this, I had to try several times until I actually had a car in the frame
Keep in mind that we had to try to look white trash and we still didn't come anywhere near that of reality. But here's how we tried: tatoos galore (including tramp stamps and boob tats), mullets, nascar t-shirts, pants that said "juicy" across the butt, crazy hairdo's, jeans with holes. Can you sort of picture it?? It was a blast. The highlight of my trip was in downtown Charlotte where they blocked off the streets and had everything fried food, millions of people so we couldn't even move and personal space was non-existant, loud music and lots of interesting people to look at.
Besides all the nascar activities, I had a great opportunity to sit and chill with the Cheney clan and that was also a lot of fun. Trisha's mom was an amazing hostess to 10 young adults and we couldn't have asked for better accomadations and company. I also got to stay at her brother, TJ's, house so thanks to them as well. Probably the best part about that was McKay telling me everything I have always wanted to know about pokemon, mario, donkey kong and yoshi. Good times. It was good to meet all you Cheney's!!


4 comments:
Glad to have you guys come out!!
Sounds like it was fun! You gonna be here for the 24th??
How fun! I'm glad you guys had a great time. And I agree with Lisel...not a good look for you.
I don't know why your hair-do is grossing people out . . . I thought it looked fantastic! The best part the "cemented and not moving an inch" factor you achieved with that fantastic hair gel. . . awesome:)
Post a Comment