Okay, I thought the ice storm was pretty crazy. Well how about a blizzard. I walked out the door today to take my last final of the semester, which I was not as prepared as I needed to be for it, and that is when the craziness of today began. It started snowing. Every school in the state including all the colleges and many businesses closed early due to the bad forcast. My school however decided to be brave and make us all come in and take our last test (at least it's done). Once I got out of my final I knew it was gonna be a bad night. The traffic in Worcester was horrific! I had to go to a home teaching assignment that was 3 blocks from my school and maybe 4 blocks from the parking garage. Any guesses on how long that little drive took? Well, it took almost 50 minutes! Not fun. I tried to get out of the appointment cause I knew the storm would only get worse and the roads would only get worse. I was right. I flew through the visit and was back on the road. Now, usually it takes me about 20 minutes to get home from school. Today it only took 1 hour and 1/2! In a standard! With a foot of snow on the highway in some places! I guess with a mass exodus from the city they couldn't even get the trucks in to plow the highway. There were cars everywhere and the traffic guy on the radio commented, "The road conditions today are as bad as the blizzard of '78." He also said that he was in boston and it had taken him several hours to go 8 blocks! Insane. I guess the MassPike was causing delays of 3-4 hours. The country roads were no better. I was slippin and slidin all over the place in that mix of slush and snow. I have never been more grateful to just be home and not have to leave for awhile. I'm a little grouchy about the winter weather tonight. Maybe tomorrow I will wake up and appreciate it a little more.
13 December 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I heard on the news last night that all y'all out that way were going to get hit pretty badly, I guess they forcasted that one right!
Cheer up, Charlie! =D Congrats on being done with your finals. I mysteriously had a strong interest in blogging (or anything else other than studying) whenever finals time came around, as well. Hmmmmm...
Post a Comment