I have lived in MA for over year now and I have had the opportunity to see an ice storm of two before but never have I appreciated one as I did the other day. I walked out of the house on monday morning at noon to go take my final. I thought that some of the ice would have melted by then. No such luck for me. In fact the moment I took one step on the ice covered driveway I knew I was in for some fun. I slid the whole way down to my car occasionally just saving myself from doing the splits. Once I got to my car, I turned it on and turned on the defrost full-blast and got out my trusty scraper. There was no way I was gonna be scraping this off, it was a thick sheet of ice that covered my entire car! Crazy! I sat in my car for twenty minutes and studied my notes before I tried to scrape again. Scraping was still not an option. But I did discover that I could slowly chip away pieces to clear my windows. Quite a process that I will be prepared for next time. Today I went out there and I found that the ice sheet was slowly coming off the back of my car but its still too cold for it to melt. The result was a sweet wing of ice on the trunk of my car. Maybe it will help me go faster??




11 December 2007
Ice storm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
yikes, talk about ice! I think I'd take a snow storm any day over an ice storm...
Ahhhh, New England. I miss it! But the best part of reading that was picturing you, slip-sliding to your car. Good stuff. ;D Can't wait to see you! When will you be in UT?
Post a Comment