It is only a matter of weeks and our little baby girl will be here and until this week we were not prepared at all. Nothing was ready. We had only a few clothes that were given to us by various people. However, this week has been nothing but getting ready. Trisha has been sewing every waking minute and my project was painting the nursery.
It started out months ago with some ideas: argyle, polka dots or plaid. Trisha really wanted argyle, so argyle it is. I bought all the paint and tape and started at it on Friday. I worked on it all day Friday, Saturday, a few hours Sunday, all day Wednesday and most of the day today. I am mostly done, just have a lot of touch-ups to do and pencil to wash off the walls. It has been quite the project and I think I will take a break from it for a few weeks. I knew it was going to be a huge undertaking, but I had no idea how much measuring and taping I would have to do. Oh, man.
Before pictures:
I didn't want to bore people with the million pictures I took of the process, so I did something different this time. I put together a little movie that compiles a hundred pictures in a few seconds. You can now enjoy the transformation in a short amount of time and still get the idea.
After pictures:
It turned out pretty sticking awesome if you ask me, but I may be biased. I'm glad it's mostly done. A few touch ups and it will look so cute for the little girl. We are going to add some more things, including her name (once we decide what it is) in vinyl letters across the yellow stripe on the wall.
Trisha made all of the bedding, she recovered our bumpers, made the valence and is currently working on a throw blanket for the rocker and a pillow for it as well. She is still going to make a skirt for the crib, a cover for our changing pad and maybe some other things. Stay tuned to facebook, pinterest or her blog http://cheneybopper.blogspot.com/ for all of her projects.


4 comments:
That's one lucky little girl. I LOVE the room. Great job, Mike!
Wow! Incredible! Looks amazing, and really HARD. I love it! Can't wait to meet the newest member of the Sorenson clan!
Oh.my.gosh. I love it! That definitely looks time consuming, but the results are amazing! Can't wait to meet her :)
I LOVE IT!!! That looks amazing Mike!
Post a Comment